A refund?

So...Let's start at the end. After over a year of fabricated stories,misplaced promises, broken communications, I finally threw in the towel and bought a Stromer eBike with which I've been delighted. It's better bike bike than Pi in a bout a hundred ways not the least of which is that there is a local dealer - Varisty Bike and Transit (awesome people) - that sells and services the bike. I ordered with little money down and voila, ten days later the bike appeared.


About mid-April, I requested a refund from Marcus Hays, Pi Mobility's Founder and CEO. He said that his finance folks were processing the refund and that it would go out the first week in May. Since then ....... crickets.

No refund to date. At the end of May attorney wrote Marcus a letter asking for the refund tied to a threat to litigate. I've considered filing a suit in California Small Claims Court but I fear the additional $$$ for travel to appear might be sending good money after bad.

My real fear is that since I'm likely not the only customer to whom a bike has not been delivered that the company could be on the skids. Hence a judgement wouldn't help much.

So how did we get to this point? more later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog